Monday, April 1, 2019

My family taonga

My binoculars are as black as a moonless sky with a little bit of yellow.  The binoculars have a carved bit saying Brian Ramsey. The binoculars help me see far distances easily. They have been passed down from my dad’s dad before he passed away and then my dad gave them to me.

They are special to my family because they remind me of Brian. We will always keep this running in our family forever.

The binoculars help me imagine what my grandad was like and what he liked to do. I will hand the binoculars down to everyone in my family.  It is important to have family taonga because it helps you to feel connected to people in your family history. You can understand a little bit more about where you come from.  

2 comments:

  1. i love your taonga you are a good writer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack, I think you did an amazing job describing your family taonga. You are at extended abstract because you described in detail why the binoculars were important to you and why it is important to have family taonga in general. Well done.

    ReplyDelete