Sunday, November 17, 2019

Tui day in the life

The sun rose and warmed my body as I stood up and shook off the twigs, grass and moss from my nest.  I fly away to find some food then I spot some Kowhai trees so I glide down to peck on some leaves and flowers.  Then I fly to my friends in the Chatham islands to tell them I found a big Kowhai tree on the other side of the island.

After all that flying around the island, I get hot so I find some shelter to make myself cooler.  I find some shade under a big pohutukawa tree and rest a while. I wait there and I eventually fall asleep because it was so comfortable,  nice and cool. In the early evening, I go to find some food. I remember where the kowhai tree was and fly there to suck on some more delicious nectar. After I've done that, I find my nest and go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment