Monday, December 2, 2019

Catch it narrative

Yawn  I stretch my muscles up and down until they click.  I head outside to get a bit of fresh air... ah so nice and refreshing.  Now my friends start to stir and get up.  We lovingly look at the pomegranate that we grew.  However, our pride and joy that we feel suddenly turn to horror when We see a shadow circling...


We bolt back into our burrow trying not to be seen.  Out of the corner of my eye, I see a vulture inspecting the area for any food like a lion in stalking its prey.  I think he spots the pomegranate that we grew. He lands on the tree and nicks the plump and round, red and juicy fruit.

my friends and I declare war on the large, ugly vulture.  I raise my hand and everyone follows. My clumsy friend forgets to raise his hand and he goes off track.  We run as a pack towards the bird, like an army charging. I jump on his claw trying to rip the pomegranate out.  The vulture shakes his claw and I slip away.  I ponder to myself wondering what to do but then my gang starts to act.  One jumps on and then followed by everyone else to make one big chain from the birds claw to the ground.


 The vulture flies up and tries to shake everyone off and he is successful but the pomegranate comes off with us. Max throws the pomegranate to me and the vulture dives like a bullet out of a gun straight at me with pace. I quickly throw it to Max and we fool the vulture.  But Max drops the pomegranate and the bird retrieves it.

The vulture thinks its fine sailing from here so he looks back in happiness.  He lifts his head back up and to his surprise, he hits a rock face and lets go of the pomegranate, down a natural ramp and up into the air for me to catch.  We pass it along a line of meerkats until it gets to Max and he kicks it through two trees that look like a rugby post.

Splat
The pomegranate bursts open and our faces´ droop and go dark.  I burst into tears, our beloved pomegranate that we had successfully grown was no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment