Tuesday, August 6, 2019

speech judging sheet

Speech Judging Sheet 
Name: Jack                          
Topic:  Everyone should own a Fitbit                     
                    
Category
Main Points

Self Assessment
Low                                         High
1           2 3           4 5
Structure

  
My speech was organized logically into paragraphs, with an effective introduction and a conclusion.
4
Delivery

  
I used some gestures, stood still and made eye contact with my audience.

My voice was clear and loud.  I didn’t speak too quickly or too slowly.
3
Content 
  
My speech had a message and was original, interesting and relevant to the audience.
4
Language

I used ‘powerful’ words in my speech.  I also included some language features (eg repetition, alliteration, similes etc)
4
Time

My speech was between 2 ½ and 3 ½ minutes long

2:54
5


Next time I need to …

Have more eye contact with the audience and use more hand gestures.

Teacher Comment 

Well done Jack.  Great storytelling scenario to start your speech and hook in your audience. Your main ideas were great and you backed these up with research and examples.  Next steps: Practice a little more so that you know your speech well and don’t get mixed up and slow down and speak a little clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment